Question about LORs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

megumeow123

Reaction score
Hey everybody. So I have been planning on using a committee letter for my application this cycle, but the committee can't guarantee having it submitted until either late September or early October. Do you think I should just wait it out or should I get each of my individual letter writers to submit their letters individually so I can have schools take a look at my application sooner?

Members don't see this ad.

Is your school a large, wellknown premed school? If so, it may be better to wait. The end of Sept is the traditional date for committee letters

So, for someone applying in 2018, to be admitted to medical school for academic year 2019-2020, it's my understanding that it's best to apply in June 2018 to maximize the chance of admission.

@gonnif Are you saying that such an applicant should wait until September 2018 for the committee letter to issue before applying? That's a 3 month delay simply for a committee letter that summarizes other information in an applicant's file.

Do medical schools really place that much weight on undergrad committee letters?