question about manipulative medicine and if it was brought up in your interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theDr.

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I will be interviewing this week (first DO). I did shadow some DO's for a time but i never got to see manipulative medicine being used...which was sad. A DO gave me a book though and I have looked at many techniques. My question is, did any interviewers ever bring up whether or nto you actually viewed manipulative medicine in person? I am interviewing at NYCOM and UMDNJ. Thanks. Any suggestions about this issue are greatly appreciated. :)

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed at quite a few DO schools and about half asked what I thought about OMT. I pretty much explained I was interested in it yet every physician I shadowed was too busy to use it. (I shadowed around 7-8 physicians) I was perfectly honest about it. I STILL have not seen OMT yet and I was accepted to every DO school I interviewed at. So, go in, be honest, and have fun!

wow..awesome job on your part.... How are your stats. I have a 3.9 and a 25 mcat. .did you interview at UMDNJ and NYCOM? i will be at UMDNJ this week and NYCOM at the end of April