1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

question about manipulative medicine and if it was brought up in your interviews

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by theDr., Mar 26, 2004.

1. theDr.

theDr. Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hello,
    I will be interviewing this week (first DO). I did shadow some DO's for a time but i never got to see manipulative medicine being used...which was sad. A DO gave me a book though and I have looked at many techniques. My question is, did any interviewers ever bring up whether or nto you actually viewed manipulative medicine in person? I am interviewing at NYCOM and UMDNJ. Thanks. Any suggestions about this issue are greatly appreciated. :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Robz

Robz La Vie Boheme
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I interviewed at quite a few DO schools and about half asked what I thought about OMT. I pretty much explained I was interested in it yet every physician I shadowed was too busy to use it. (I shadowed around 7-8 physicians) I was perfectly honest about it. I STILL have not seen OMT yet and I was accepted to every DO school I interviewed at. So, go in, be honest, and have fun!

4. theDr.

theDr. Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

wow..awesome job on your part.... How are your stats. I have a 3.9 and a 25 mcat. .did you interview at UMDNJ and NYCOM? i will be at UMDNJ this week and NYCOM at the end of April