Question about meeting abstract

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smallmelon

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
i submitted a meeting abstract, which has been accepted for poster presentation. I paid registration fee, but just realized that I could not travel to the meeting due to my call schedule. Can I still list it in my eras profile in the meeting abstract section? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You can list it if it is presented. If you are not there to present, one of the other authors should present on your behalf. If it is not presented at all, it should be considered withdrawn and should not be listed.

you should go to the meeting.

This is one of those instances that programs are usually cool about trading calls. I definitely covered for a few colleagues while they presented during residency, and vice versa. But just don't expect to get a desirable day back in return;if they help you out you can expect to take some lumps.

As long as your meeting is a large, national (or even regional) meeting you can likely switch but do so ASAP to let everyone know about the situation. If it's a small and/or distant meeting (I.e. East coaster going to the Oregon State Med Assoc meeting) they will be less inclined to help (happened in my program several years ago)