Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

question about micro

Discussion in 'Step I' started by Reborn24, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Reborn24

Reborn24 Guest

im having a really hard time trying to memorize the drug used for each organism. Do you guys think this is high yield enough for me to do this.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. pinky65

Resident [Any Field]
    it may be easier if you group drugs/organisms... to make it easier for myself i wrote down in MMRS the drug group that is used for most of the organisms in a chapter e.g. tetracycles for chlamydia/rickettsia, aminoglycosides for yersinia, francisella etc. if you remember the general groups then it's easier to learn the one or two exceptions to any of the groups.

4. surprisedgirl

Medical Student
    how is th pharm part in MMRS? i have heard its not good to look at....any opinions?

5. pinky65

Resident [Any Field]
    i didn't really pay attention to the pharm stuff in CMMRS. I just added the names of some drug groups in some of the chapters to help me put the two together.

6. mountainman123

Medical Student
    I read MMRS twice including the pharm sections and I thought that they were good for the Antibiotics, but the other sections were just ok. I used Microcards to memorize the specific drugs for the different bugs. You will find a lot of generalities such as Doxy for many, many bugs, Macrolides for atypical URI's etc...

7. Old_Mil

Old_Mil Senior Member

Attending Physician
    ...what's worked for me is reading about a bug from Micro made ridiculously simple, and when a treatment is cited, to go to first aid and learn everything about that particular drug.

Worked a lot better than just trying to memorize all the antibiotics cold.