• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

R

Reborn24

im having a really hard time trying to memorize the drug used for each organism. Do you guys think this is high yield enough for me to do this.

pinky65

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
it may be easier if you group drugs/organisms... to make it easier for myself i wrote down in MMRS the drug group that is used for most of the organisms in a chapter e.g. tetracycles for chlamydia/rickettsia, aminoglycosides for yersinia, francisella etc. if you remember the general groups then it's easier to learn the one or two exceptions to any of the groups.

pinky65

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
i didn't really pay attention to the pharm stuff in CMMRS. I just added the names of some drug groups in some of the chapters to help me put the two together.

About the Ads
M

mountainman123

I read MMRS twice including the pharm sections and I thought that they were good for the Antibiotics, but the other sections were just ok. I used Microcards to memorize the specific drugs for the different bugs. You will find a lot of generalities such as Doxy for many, many bugs, Macrolides for atypical URI's etc...

Old_Mil

15+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2004
Earth
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
...what's worked for me is reading about a bug from Micro made ridiculously simple, and when a treatment is cited, to go to first aid and learn everything about that particular drug.

Worked a lot better than just trying to memorize all the antibiotics cold.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.