question about non-science gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

uclahopeful

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am 23 and currently 2 semseters away from getting a BS in Finance/Business Honors (program they have at my school). But I've always wanted to go to medical school, guess I didn't do that straight out of high school was because I was scared. Anyway, my GPA is 3.7 (I've only taken like 3 science courses, they weren't required for the degree I'm getting), my question is: I'm going to take my science courses right after I finish my degree, but is 3.7 a high enough non-science GPA to apply to med school?
 
Absolutely! Most of us here wish we had a 3.7 GPA. That's average for accepted applicants. Of course, GPA accounts for only so much of an application, but it's the most typical stumbling block of the non-trads.

Also, they look at: overall GPA (w/ all undergraduate classes) and BCPM GPA (biology, chemistry, physics, math)
 
Absolutely! Most of us here wish we had a 3.7 GPA. That's average for accepted applicants. Of course, GPA accounts for only so much of an application, but it's the most typical stumbling block of the non-trads.

Also, they look at: overall GPA (w/ all undergraduate classes) and BCPM GPA (biology, chemistry, physics, math)

Thanks for the reply. I had a feeling that undergrad gpa was one of classifications (from browsing this site, I found out that it is).