Question about not doing well

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sav

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a question, I really dont think I am going to do well on this MCAT but I have already submitted my application and everything to AMCAS, so I am going to try my best this Saturday. If I don't do well and I retake the MCAT in January will I have to reapply through the whole process again? Will I keep my college activities the same in the application as this time even though I wont be in college?

Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Sav said:
Hey guys,

I have a question, I really dont think I am going to do well on this MCAT but I have already submitted my application and everything to AMCAS, so I am going to try my best this Saturday. If I don't do well and I retake the MCAT in January will I have to reapply through the whole process again? Will I keep my college activities the same in the application as this time even though I wont be in college?

Thanks guys!

Since you've submitted AMCAS, you've officially applied this cycle. How do you know you're not going to do well? What are your practice scores?

ADeadLois said:
Since you've submitted AMCAS, you've officially applied this cycle. How do you know you're not going to do well? What are your practice scores?

mid 20s :(, I spent almost all my time studying materials and not enough time on practice tests. I have a hard time figuring out what is needed from passages. I know I'd do a lot better on it in January but I've already applied. How badly will this affect me?

ADeadLois said:

i thought you haven't officially applied to schools until you submitted their secondary? :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
I've already submitted secondaries to some schools too, if I reapply again next year with better MCAT scores will I be adversely affected by this years MCAT and the fact that I've applied once already?

hey some words of confidence, my practice scores have been all over the place ranging from a 27 to 33. I really am not sure how well I am going to deal on the real thing but the best you can do is not think like this until after the mcat. No point in thinking you are going to mess up until to do.

Thanks guys! One last question, if I think I did bad after it's done is it better to void it? By this I mean if the score is not that great how much will it really hurt me if I took it again in January?

Also is this a possible scenario: Schools are fine with everything else on my application except my MCAT score is it possible that I could take it in January and show them my scores in February and have it still count even though it's past deadline times if I am on the cusp?

Thanks again and best of luck to everyone on Saturday

most schools are not accepting january scores for this application cycle.