Question about notification from non-rolling schools...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CBG23

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, for schools that are non-rolling and notify applicants in March, do they let you know if have NOT been offered an interview before March? That is, when they review my app the first time around and decide no to interview me (AKA reject me) will I know as soon as they make that decision or will I have to wait until March. I ask b/c I thought the March date was just for ALL people who had an interview and were waiting to hear back...

Members don't see this ad.

This may vary school by school, but I believe that all rejections would go out in March. I think I read that somewhere on a non-rolling school's web site. So, I think that they interview on a rolling basis, but that all acceptances and rejections are sent out in March. At least, that's my understanding.

My guess would be that you would not hear until March, but I could be (and probably am) wrong. Either way, most schools have refundable deposits, so even if you get an acceptance at one school and pay the deposit, if you hear back from a non-rolling school later on, you can withdraw from the first school and get your money back.