Question about Pass/Fail

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

firstborn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have been lurking here for the last couple months and I have a quick question. My school requires 4 semesters of a foreign language for my degree, so I decided I am going to take Spanish. I was debating between this and Hindi (which I already speak), but I decided on it because I hear a lot about Spanish being very helpful now-days to physicians, and I thought I might as well learn something if I have to take a language anyway.
My issue is that I will most likely be taking the first two semesters at the same time as the Bio 2, Ochem, Physics trio, so I was wondering if it would hurt me to take Spanish Pass/Fail? I would likely only have 2 semesters done by the time I apply, so I think that is all the schools would see. Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

It would not hurt you to take Spanish pass/fail. Foreign language classes are rarely considered seriously. HOWEVER, Spanish is easy, and you should think of it as an easy A/A-.

Hmm, I guess the only issue would be the time commitment. Not so much to learn the material, but people say that Spanish 1 and 2 have a LOT of busy work that is part of the grade. If orgo is really as bad as everyone says, then Ill probably be fairly busy with that and Bio/Physics. I don't want to sound lazy, but I would probably not be willing to do the extra busy work to get an A in spanish (while doable) if I could get away with a P.