Question about PCSing pre-COT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sg1sg2

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking for some help/info from those who might have been in my shoes previously.....

I'm a AF FAP participant, finishing up a civilian residency this summer. I received notification of my assignment back in mid February. Was told I'd need to check in by late July, in process, work a few shifts, and then head out to COT the following month. I'm still waiting on the EAD orders (was told I'd have them in a couple of weeks, but that was 6 weeks ago).

The move is a big one--3000+ miles, and I'm not near a military installation, so it's feeling like we're in a bit of no-man's land with respect to getting info on the move and getting started.
1) Was wondering if it's typical to wait this long for EAD orders, and whether there is still plenty of time to schedule everything with TMO, etc.
2) Also trying to figure out whether there is any way to begin the move (i.e. they pack and load us in early July), but take longer than the 10 or so travel days they will give us to get to the base. I don't expect to be paid for these extra days of "vacation" en route, but as I obviously have no leave accrued since I'm not active yet, just wasn't sure if taking extra days was even possible. I haven't been given any info about PCSing or EAD orders, other than that they are supposedly forthcoming.

Sorry to be long-winded with the background....Would appreciate any insight or experiences you all have to offer. Thanks very much.

Members don't see this ad.