question about Pharm.D program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Erlow

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Folks, anyone from Asia got into the Pharm D program in California?Great communication skills are the key for the admission. So how can I improve my communication skills in one year? Help:D . Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Erlow,

I'm from the pharmacy forum. Oral and written communication skills are definitely important, not only to admissions, but to the pharmacy practice in general. I would suggest taking a communications class because it is required by all the pharmacy schools in CA. Make sure you can write a decent essay for the interview with proper grammar and sentence structure. Since you have about a year of preparation time, try to do some mock interviews with friends or relatives and practice writing timed essays on various topics.

Some schools will require you to write a thoughtful essay on an ethical issue, while other schools will want you to write a summary of an article. It really depends on the school.

Good luck!