Question about Phoenix Children's Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moonwake

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm a M2 soon to be M3 and my first rotation is 6 weeks at my dream residency, Phoenix Children's Hospital (I want to do int peds in Arizona). I'm really intimidated because I'm starting my 3rd year off here..... Are there any people who have interviewed there, or anyone who has an idea of what they are looking for or expecting from their students/how to prepare for your first rotation. I really don't want to screw this up. Any help or suggestions about anything peds is equally helpful. Thanks a million in advance!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So I'm a M2 soon to be M3 and my first rotation is 6 weeks at my dream residency, Phoenix Children's Hospital (I want to do int peds in Arizona). I'm really intimidated because I'm starting my 3rd year off here..... Are there any people who have interviewed there, or anyone who has an idea of what they are looking for or expecting from their students/how to prepare for your first rotation. I really don't want to screw this up. Any help or suggestions about anything peds is equally helpful. Thanks a million in advance!!!

PMed you

Reactions: 1 user
Curious about this same thing! Going to Phoenix Children's as my first sub-I and feel underprepared because my 3rd year peds rotations were sub-par. Mind sharing any advice you have gotten?

2017 graduate of the residency program, which was excellent if you want to learn how to take care of sick kids. Happy to answer any specific questions or get you in touch with any current residents or chiefs, but the main take away is that to be successful at PCH you need to have the curiosity, demeanor, work ethic, and drive to contribute as much as you can to your team while learning as much as you can. This is the same advice that I would give to any medical student looking to do well in any rotation. The medical knowledge is nice, but nobody expects you to be at the level of a resident in that respect. You will be shown where your deficiencies are during experiences like rounds or admits, and as long as you make a noticeable effort to improve in those arenas, you will do well.