Question about physics requirement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

funnycolby

Reaction score
I attend a small liberal arts college, and the algebra based physics is called Physics for the life sciences 1 & 2. General Physics at my school is calculus based. Unfortunately, due to Covid-19 Physics for the life sciences has been cut. The problem is I have taken Physics for the life sciences 1. My advisor told me they are making General Physics algebra based and I can just take General Physics 2 to complete the sequence. Does anyone think this will this be an issue? Will medical school admissions care that my physics sequence will have different course titles (Physics for the life sciences 1 and General Physics 2)?

Members don't see this ad.

A lot of secondaries have prompts that allow you to explain potential academic discrepancies/confusions, so you should be fine. Also, if it comes down to it you could just email the admissions offices individually and explain this to them. I'm sure many applicants are in a similar position due to COVID.

I attend a small liberal arts college, and the algebra based physics is called Physics for the life sciences 1 & 2. General Physics at my school is calculus based. Unfortunately, due to Covid-19 Physics for the life sciences has been cut. The problem is I have taken Physics for the life sciences 1. My advisor told me they are making General Physics algebra based and I can just take General Physics 2 to complete the sequence. Does anyone think this will this be an issue? Will medical school admissions care that my physics sequence will have different course titles (Physics for the life sciences 1 and General Physics 2)?

It should not be a problem. However, prudence will dictate that you keep copies of syllabi and email communications in case you need them.