question about prepharm from a med student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcatsucksss

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,
i have a friend who is a prepharm student. He is so confident that he'll get into a school but his scores are so bad all around i dont see how its possible. Ive known him for a long time now and he has never studied for a single test in his life. hes one of those "if i didn't get it in class i didnt get it at all" people. but somehow he managed to pull off a 68 on PCAT (which is considered semicompetitive right?) and has ~3.0 cumulative gpa. hes been at a community college taking just the bare minimum prereqs for the past 5 years (like 1-2 classes a semester) and has dropped out of orgo1 and 2 like twice each and is currently retaking orgo 2. all this time he has been working "full time" (30 hours) as a pharmacy tech. i was wondering what you guys think his chances are at getting in to any school?

so as a summary: 68 cum pcat, 5 years of taking 1-2 classes at a time to get a 3.0gpa, 5 years work experience as a PhT

what are his chances?

Members don't see this ad.

its_a_trap.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
wait what was the question again? the pictures distracted me

so as a summary: 68 cum pcat, 5 years of taking 1-2 classes at a time to get a 3.0gpa, 5 years work experience as a PhT

what are his chances?

I guess Ill try to help this guy out, even though this is now officially a random pictures thread.

If he literally took 1-2 classes per year for 5 years, that looks bad. Generally they want to see that you can handle a fairly rigorous work load. 68 PCAT isn't the worst ever, but I wouldn't call it competitive. That's not to say you could never get an interview with a 68 PCAT. 3.0 gpa is a bit low, but now impossible to get in with (if you look good in all other areas). 5 years as a PhT look good, they want to see that you have plenty of experience.

Altogether it looks fairly unlikely that he would get an interview, especially since he took such a light course load over a 5 year period

Also,

suspiciousquotationmarks.jpg