question about PRN

Started by track11
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

track11

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

After DPT school, I'm pretty sure I want to move to the St. Pete/Tampa area and I also want to work PRN for a year to cut down on student loans.

For my third-year last clinical, I plan to apply in the St. Pete/Tampa area so I can network and go ahead and move there. If I'm hired PRN, is it likely I could work somewhere within an hour of the area so I wouldn't have to move? Or would I be required to physically relocate for jobs? I know there are a ton of hospitals in St. Pete/Tampa, so I'm hoping I wouldn't have to move.

Thanks for any advice/guidance!
 
Orlando is another option and it's only a 1 hour drive from Tampa (maybe 1:20 depending on how far away from I-4 you are). Between those two metro areas, you should be able to find something PRN. Good luck with your move!