Question about reapplying after matriculating into a foreign school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedDO101

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a close friend who is contemplating about moving back into the states for family reasons. However, she has already matriculated and started her first classes this fall at a foreign Carribean medica school. Will she be able to either transfer or quit and reapply to a school that is closer to home in the future? Are there any special rules about this? And how will medical schools react when they see the application and will it even be considered since she has matriculated?

She is thinking about quitting afte this semester and then reapplying soonafter, but Im not sure how schools will interpret her application. Anyone have any idea? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

She will have to disclose her previous medical school attendance and explain why she quit. Other than that, it is not a big isse.

She will have to disclose the fact that she attended a medical school, if she completed some coursework she will be an advanced standing student.

Members don't see this ad :)
She will have to disclose the fact that she attended a medical school, if she completed some coursework she will be an advanced standing student.

You are like my cute litte parrot:laugh:

A friend of mine knew one girl accepted for August at AUC and for the January class at SGU, she dropped out of AUC in the first couple of weeks, and is joining SGU in January.

A friend of mine knew one girl accepted for August at AUC and for the January class at SGU, she dropped out of AUC in the first couple of weeks, and is joining SGU in January.

I once knew a guy who kept lying on SDN who pretends like he is going to SGU because he heard it is the school Harvard was based on.

MODS please shut this guy up??? Can i say, trolletry? :eek: