Question about requirement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Optman87

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if I got a C- in my first Writing Class A (English Comp), do I need to retake it? Some schools I have called said not necessarily, because if you go to certain universities, they don't award + and - grades so if your university uses them, we may adjust them so you might not need to.....is this true???

Thanks

BTW, i took the following class Writing Class B and did well so maybe they will see that I improved.....

Members don't see this ad.

the majority of the optometry schools require 3 quarters or 2 semesters of writing/composition classes, and some of them do not accept C-s. if you're planning on taking more than 3quarters/2sm of writing then just make sure you don't get any more C-s. if not, retake the one you got a C- in.

yea i think you definately need to have no grades lower than C's for any prereq class. just take the extra time to retake the class and get a better grade, dont gamble with it

I just spoke with one of the schools and they said if it just english and only one quarter and I performed better in later english classes i took, it would be ok. If it was a problem, they would tell me to retake it and I would have to get better than a C-. They said not to worry about it now.