Question about requirement

Started by Optman87
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Optman87

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if I got a C- in my first Writing Class A (English Comp), do I need to retake it? Some schools I have called said not necessarily, because if you go to certain universities, they don't award + and - grades so if your university uses them, we may adjust them so you might not need to.....is this true???

Thanks

BTW, i took the following class Writing Class B and did well so maybe they will see that I improved.....
 
the majority of the optometry schools require 3 quarters or 2 semesters of writing/composition classes, and some of them do not accept C-s. if you're planning on taking more than 3quarters/2sm of writing then just make sure you don't get any more C-s. if not, retake the one you got a C- in.
 
yea i think you definately need to have no grades lower than C's for any prereq class. just take the extra time to retake the class and get a better grade, dont gamble with it
 
I just spoke with one of the schools and they said if it just english and only one quarter and I performed better in later english classes i took, it would be ok. If it was a problem, they would tell me to retake it and I would have to get better than a C-. They said not to worry about it now.