Question about school clinic volunteering?

Started by whiterhino
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

whiterhino

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm about to be starting volunteering in the nurse's office at a local elementary school doing minor things such as taking temps, checking throats, and putting on bandaids. I was wondering if this would count as clinical experience even though they aren't technically patients and a doctor won't be present.
 
I think it could count. Other people volunteer in the hospital and list their activities as "clinical" even though they just put new bed sheets on the bed and work the front desk. You're actually interacting with kids and taking vitals etc, so I think it's fine
 
It counts as clinical since you are having contact with people who need medical attention.