question about secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hari-bhari

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i feel like this has been asked before, but i couldn't find it for hte life of me (probably buried in some 40 page thread). but can you submit secondaries immediately after you submit AMCAS, or do you have to wait until you're verified.

Members don't see this ad.

hari-bhari said:
i feel like this has been asked before, but i couldn't find it for hte life of me (probably buried in some 40 page thread). but can you submit secondaries immediately after you submit AMCAS, or do you have to wait until you're verified.

I am going to kill the next person who asks this. j/k. Kinda. :laugh:

Seriously, you guys. If you go to the Secondaries Out thread, we've been over this. There are some schools that you will get right away (like Columbia) and some schools you can go to the website right away (Johns Hopkins, UCLA) but the majority you won't get until after you're verified. For your screeners, you won't start to get considered until after you're verified. They need your #'s, obviously.

In the meantime, check out the secondary questions thread. You can start working on your essays.

Right now, if AMCAS has your transcripts, your waittime is looking like 18-20 days. So settle in, read some posts and get an MSAR if you don't already have one. Start drafting essays. Check up on LOR's. You have time. :luck:

i dont think that was the question. hari was asking whether there was any point to submitting your secondary to a school that has already sent you one, if your amcas isn't even verified yet. im guessing this is ok, since they already know youre applying?