Question about sending apps early

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Elizah46

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys! I want to take fall courses but I want to send my apps in early, like around August. Can I ask schools to put me on hold until my fall grades come in for them to review my app? Or should I send everything after my fall grades?

Members don't see this ad.

hey guys! I want to take fall courses but I want to send my apps in early, like around August. Can I ask schools to put me on hold until my fall grades come in for them to review my app? Or should I send everything after my fall grades?
depends on your stats and what you are taking in august. if your stats are strong and OAT as well then go ahead, if not a strong candidate work hard make you last semester your best semester and then send the application

I would apply early even without your fall grades. If you at least meet the requirements for an interview you can get accepted early. You have far less competition when you apply early vs later. Now if you have a 2.5 gpa and sub 300 OAT then I would wait but if you are sitting around 3.0-3.5 and over 300AA/TS you should be ok. Don’t rush your application though!