Question about sign-on bonuses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lakester2001

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

4th year here in Texas. I had a question. Does anyone know how long it takes to get a sign-on bonus from CVS?
 
The reason I am asking is after almost 4 years at walgreens. Now I am told that there is a waiting list in my city for a pharmacist job and I am number 5. I took some ed assistance, so I owe walgreens 2 years.

So I am thinking about CVS, but I didnt know the sign-on bonus stuff. I really just want to stay in the same town and dont want to move.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That stinks you're on a waitlist to get a job, so much for the pharmacist shortage. You could always take out a personal loan for a few months and pay it back when you get the bonus if you absolutely don't want to work for WAGs somewhere else. Do they have any positions where you could float?
 
I dont know about that as far as being a floater. I never dreamed I wouldnt just get to stay in the same town.

I am supposed to meet with the District Pharmacy Supervisor next week.
 
Restricting yourself to just one town is probably why you're looking at spot #5 on the list. You wouldn't be willing to drive a little bit for job security?
 
No, restricting myself to 1 town is not the issue for me being number 5. Mine was the 5th application turned in.

The closest town is 2 hours away. And if I move it will be 4 cities in 8 years, lol.

I have no problem floating unitl a store opens up, but I dont want to actually move, does that makes sense?

I completely understand the bonus stuff. My father is a pharmacist.

If I cant stay here with Wags, then I needs a sign-on of just 10,000 to release myself from one company and become indebted to another, ha ha.
 
That stinks you're on a waitlist to get a job, so much for the pharmacist shortage. You could always take out a personal loan for a few months and pay it back when you get the bonus if you absolutely don't want to work for WAGs somewhere else. Do they have any positions where you could float?

There never has been a shortage in towns that are close to a pharmacy school.