Question about submitted applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mimi1

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have submitted your application to ERAS, did you wait to have your transcript from school already in? Also, if you are getting interviews, was your transcript already in to ERAS?

I have completed my application and want to submit it today and start applying to programs, but I still need to release my transcript. Do I need to do this before I submit and also apply to programs?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

nor is mine and i have submitted already...its the only thing I'm waiting on so I wish they'd hurry up! i'm early match btw so time is money here people :D

i think you can submit without the transcript, but i don't know if they'll give you interviews without them since i had mine in already and got an interview. :)

I am not sure it is even possible to have your transcript uploaded until after you submit. . . somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but the "Uploaded Documents" section doesn't even exist until after you apply. It explicitly says on the ERAS site that at least that LOR's cannot be uploaded until they've been assigned to a program that you have applied to (submitted).

Actually, your transcript can be uploaded before you submit...as long as you've released it (unlike LORs). I submitted mine two days ago and my transcript was already uploaded. LORs are, of course, another story. And then I guess the USMLE transcripts take 3-5 days according to ERAS' website...(for each set of programs applied to...)

Ahh I see. . . the plot thickens.

So transcript yes, LOR no, USMLE a couple days.

i submitted my application before my med school transcript was uploaded. i've already gotten 2 interview invites without it. and to further console you, i spoke with my med school office, and they told me that it is their policy not to upload transcripts until about mid-october so that more of our 4th year electives will be on it. i'm curious to know how that factors into the interviews that our alum have gotten.

as for usmle transcripts, i submitted at about 5pm sept 5 and my transcript was listed as "available" by 8am sept 7.