question about test day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shadowmoses

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When you go into the room to take the test, and before you actually touch the computer, can you quickly create a cheat sheet before you actually start the exam? The prometric center gives you a marker and 2 scrap papers; I want to quickly jot down some formulas and stuff on it, and not lose time on the test.

Also, does step 1 look just like uworld, in terms of the interface of the screen?

Members don't see this ad.

When I went in, the exam proctor logged in to the computer for me and then the tutorial portion started. So I would say no. There's no extra time because the NBME caps the total amount of time you are allowed in the exam room. If you want to create a cheat sheet, then do it during the tutorial.

Yes, the interface on the test looks exactly like UWorld.

They just sat me down at the computer and told me to write my CIN # on the two erasable papers. I could have wrote down whatever before I started. And I entered my own number and such. Looks like UW.

Also, as a tip, if you know most of the common lab values you do not have to waste time looking them up. I know that helped me.

thanks for the input guys. I have a feel for the lab values, but I still tend to look them up; I have not had a timing issue on timed blocks so far on the practice exams I have taken

Members don't see this ad :)
I wrote down some biostats formulas, 2X2 table using the 5 minutes of tutorial time but it was a waste since never needed it.
Some centers might allow you to write down on the paper before the tutorial starts but that's walking on the thin ice.
So, it's a gamble.