Question about Texas Tech

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WeirdPharm

Leave me my moosey fate.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do they really place emphasis on PCAT scores? I know of a friend...well, acquaintance, actually, who got a 64 on the test and still got accepted. She wasn't through with her basics (was still taking Organic 2) and, well, I was reasonably surprised (wouldn't you/would you?).

Actually, if this applies to any pharmacy school in Texas, I want to hear your input. :)

Members don't see this ad.

There is basically a cut-off point for Tech. Once you have this minimum (along with other minimums), you will be invited for an interview. At that point, you are put on equal footing with all other interviewees. You are all then compared only on the events of your interview day - essay, logic test, group activity, and interview. So, a 3.0/70 student is treated the same as a 4.0/99.

UT is similar in that PCAT score doesn't matter too much, however the exact makeup of their decision is a mystery.

A&M has a 75 point system of which 15 points goes to your PCAT and GPA each.

I don't know about UH, but I'd say that they care considering that their average PCAT was an 84 last year.

There is basically a cut-off point for Tech. Once you have this minimum (along with other minimums), you will be invited for an interview. At that point, you are put on equal footing with all other interviewees. You are all then compared only on the events of your interview day - essay, logic test, group activity, and interview. So, a 3.0/70 student is treated the same as a 4.0/99.

UT is similar in that PCAT score doesn't matter too much, however the exact makeup of their decision is a mystery.

A&M has a 75 point system of which 15 points goes to your PCAT and GPA each.

I don't know about UH, but I'd say that they care considering that their average PCAT was an 84 last year.

Thanks! :) Now that I know what kind of strategy to go for, do you think that putting off the interview date for the last spot was smart? I'm just afraid that most of the seats will be taken. :scared: There are only 90 seats in Amarillo and 30 seats in Abilene, and since the early applicants have already done their interviews, I'm starting to think that there isn't a chance for us to get in. I mean, they've interviewed over a hundred applicants by now, and I'm sure they already decided in their minds who's going to get in. :(

Members don't see this ad :)

Does anyone know what the cut-off point is for the PCAT at Tech? I couldn't find it on their website.
Thanks!

-------------------------------------------------------
"All people are equal. Some more than others."

Does anyone know what the cut-off point is for the PCAT at Tech? I couldn't find it on their website.
Thanks!

If you're talking about the score, I believe it's 70. If you're talking about the date, you have to take it in January (at the latest). :)

If you're talking about the score, I believe it's 70. If you're talking about the date, you have to take it in January (at the latest). :)

Thanks!!!

--------------------------------------------------
"Without my ignorance, your knowledge would be useless."