Question about the AOA match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pj367

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how many people applied to radiology positions? I know that there were 23 residencies, and 21 people matched at those residencies, but I would like to know how many people were trying to get those 23 spots. I guess anyone that has access to the database of unmatched students would be able to easily find the answer. Unfortunately I do not know how to get that information. I don't want any names, and I don't need to know schools. Just a raw # of students that went unmatched in Radiology.

thanks to anyone that can help.

Members don't see this ad.

pj367 said:
Does anyone know how many people applied to radiology positions? I know that there were 23 residencies, and 21 people matched at those residencies, but I would like to know how many people were trying to get those 23 spots. I guess anyone that has access to the database of unmatched students would be able to easily find the answer. Unfortunately I do not know how to get that information. I don't want any names, and I don't need to know schools. Just a raw # of students that went unmatched in Radiology.

thanks to anyone that can help.

We had 3 match rads and one go unmatched, I believe...that seems like a lot of people, given the number you quote above.