question about the people who work at Ross U's bookstore.

Started by okiamhot
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

okiamhot

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
here at the school of medicine, we have a bookstore.
i don't want to accuse anything.
I don't shop there often. however, everytime i go there, i only see white workers, and they are all gfs, bfs, husbands, wives of students.
i am just wondering how come i only see whites working there. I have never seen any other race workers working behind the desk?
I am sure that we have plenty of other significant others of other races on campus, how come they don't work there?
 
Umm... maybe because they don't want to work there? I dunno.

When I was on the island, there was a lot of different ethnic backgrounds working at the bookstore (Afghani, black, Hindi, white, etc.). I think you're question, which is clearly intended to be rhetorical, is inferring WAY too much.

If you're so curious, why don't you go ask the manager instead of posting your question here?

-Skip
 
how often will you get a straight honest answer if the person tries to hide or do something that is not right?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you skip over what I said here...

Skip Intro said:
When I was on the island, there was a lot of different ethnic backgrounds working at the bookstore (Afghani, black, Hindi, white, etc.). I think you're question, which is clearly intended to be rhetorical, is inferring WAY too much.

Stop beating around the bush: What exactly is your point? If you're calling the racist, then you'll need more evidence than your presumptive observations.

-Skip
 
unlike others who like to use that word a lot, i don't.
for one thing, i don't know how many people work there. another, there could be reasons maybe only whites apply for that job, etc.
that is why i am asking here.
 
okiamhot said:
unlike others who like to use that word a lot, i don't.
for one thing, i don't know how many people work there. another, there could be reasons maybe only whites apply for that job, etc.
that is why i am asking here.

I have a sneaking suspicion that (1) you've already answered this question in your own mind, and (2) you won't be satisfied with any reply you get here unless it confirms what you already think you know.

-Skip
 
Skip Intro said:
I have a sneaking suspicion that (1) you've already answered this question in your own mind, and (2) you won't be satisfied with any reply you get here unless it confirms what you already think you know.

-Skip
which frankly is a good reason not to engage this person.
 
there is no need to attack me personally.

i asked a question, and you don't know the answer, but you are attacking and suspecting about my intension.

please, this is not the bush kerry war. i am asking a reasonble question here.

on the other hand, we can't deny or say that there is no discrimination at Ross.
 
stephew said:
which frankly is a good reason not to engage this person.

Agreed. We need a smiley face that says, "No feeding of the trolls!"
 
u must be white to say that don't engage with me.
i find that most whites don't like to admit or even face the racist problems in the usa.
what a shame. problems won't go away. by shutting down an entire district of public schools won't make the black students go away, either. history has already proved that.
 
okiamhot said:
u must be white to say that don't engage with me.
i find that most whites don't like to admit or even face the racist problems in the usa.
what a shame. problems won't go away. by shutting down an entire district of public schools won't make the black students go away, either. history has already proved that.

Sheesh. Now if that isn't a stereotypical racist remark from none other than preppystud/new_dragon/okiamhot, then I don't know what is...