Poesie Noire

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2002
chicago
Status (Visible)
during the scramble, is it okay to fax your personal statement or is it advisable to have a separate letter of intent ready to fax. this is in regards to programs with unfilled spots in the same field you tried for in the match.

Poesie Noire

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2002
chicago
Status (Visible)
thanks for the info. my question was that if the situation comes where you need to fax a statment, then im wondering if your personal statement is enough rather than creating another letter of intent.

About the Ads

tetris

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 18, 2002
Status (Visible)
Apollyon, what do you mean by "scramble-apropos"?

should we add something like: "in conclusion, i look forward to scrambling into your fine program after not being able to match at it or at my other 15 choices."?

(i ask seriously.)

Nov 24, 2002
SCREW IT!
Originally posted by tetris
Apollyon, what do you mean by "scramble-apropos"?

should we add something like: "in conclusion, i look forward to scrambling into your fine program after not being able to match at it or at my other 15 choices."?

(i ask seriously.)

Essentially, yes - in that your PS talks about applying during the scramble, versus "I've applied to your program, because it individually provides all of the elements I have been expecting in a training program".

Of course, if you put a line like "not being able to match at it or at my other 15 choices", well, you need some strategy advice!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.