Question about this cycle's essay prompt...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aagood8

Reaction score
"Reflect on a meaningful experience in your life and share how that experience influenced your personal growth, such as your attitudes or perceptions."

Does my response necessarily have to be PT related? For example, if you had an experience with other medical professionals, like a physician, that motivated you to continue down the path of physical therapy. I already knew I wanted to pursue PT by the time I had this experience, I just wanted to talk about how it motivated me.

Members don't see this ad.

It doesn’t have to be directly related to PT, but you should wrap it back around to PT in some way.

"Reflect on a meaningful experience in your life and share how that experience influenced your personal growth, such as your attitudes or perceptions."

Does my response necessarily have to be PT related? For example, if you had an experience with other medical professionals, like a physician, that motivated you to continue down the path of physical therapy. I already knew I wanted to pursue PT by the time I had this experience, I just wanted to talk about how it motivated me.
Agreed. Tie it into PT, but don't only talk about PT. It gets boring when every essay is about the same story of having had PT or shadowed a PT.

This was the same PTCAS essay topic as last year, and although I chose to write about an experience through one of my E.Cs, I made sure to reference PT throughout the essay. For example, the experience taught me a lot about time management and working with diverse populations, both skills which will serve me well through PT school and as a clinician.
Try to pick an experience that stands out if you have one. Mine was unique and was mentioned in some form during every interview I attended.