Question about Thomas Jefferson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medstudent2005

Welcome to the Jungle
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there! Can anyone please tell me about the residency for IM at Thomas Jefferson, especially intern year? It's for the ROL and any quick (and thoughtful) input would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

medstudent2005 said:
Hey there! Can anyone please tell me about the residency for IM at Thomas Jefferson, especially intern year? It's for the ROL and any quick (and thoughtful) input would be greatly appreciated.

i'm from philly and a 4th year at jeff. in short--it is a great program, in philadelphia the hierarchy would run upenn>jeff>temple>drexel. the school is top 50, so the students are high caliber and so are the residents. we match ridiculously well into fellowships, esp cards and gi. the program director is phenomenal--he sets the tone for the program, is a powerful man, and everyone adores him. that should say a lot.

cons--u will definitely work hard. don't come if u are a slacker. pt. load for interns are prob 8-12. but there is def support for u.

in philly i would say penn>>>everything else. students from jeff, temple, and drexel are fairly comparable and i am sure that they all think that their program is number 2 in the city. :rolleyes:

my main concern with jeff would be the level of autonomy as a resident. there seems to be a high number of private attendings and jeff isn't exactally know as a resident driven program. i admit that the match list seems decent, not quite a BU or a Monte but still very decent. overall probably a solid choice, especially if one needed to be in philly.

beagle8 said:
i'm from philly and a 4th year at jeff. in short--it is a great program, in philadelphia the hierarchy would run upenn>jeff>temple>drexel. the school is top 50, so the students are high caliber and so are the residents. we match ridiculously well into fellowships, esp cards and gi. the program director is phenomenal--he sets the tone for the program, is a powerful man, and everyone adores him. that should say a lot.

cons--u will definitely work hard. don't come if u are a slacker. pt. load for interns are prob 8-12. but there is def support for u.