Question about tutoring and nursing student experience on ERAS.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phagocytosis41

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
Hi all. It says 'Clinical and Teaching experience should be treated as Work experiences. Include all unpaid extra-curricular activities and committees you have served on as Volunteer experiences.' Since I have clinical experience as a nursing student and as an unpaid RN would that go under work experience or just volunteer? I assumed anything clinical goes under work.
Also I tutored medical students and high school students as an unpaid volunteering during medical school, so since that is 'teaching experience' would that also go under work experience?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I think the instructions are pretty clear. Unpaid=volunteer.

And the nursing student thing is just education, because it’s literally not extra-curricular at all. It’s part of the classes you were enrolled in. It would be like listing your 3rd year clerkships as a volunteer experience.

Reactions: 1 user
I think the instructions are pretty clear. Unpaid=volunteer.

And the nursing student thing is just education, because it’s literally not extra-curricular at all. It’s part of the classes you were enrolled in. It would be like listing your 3rd year clerkships as a volunteer experience.
just want to make sure, thanks!