vanelo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2004
ShuffleiPods4Free.com
Status
Hey again!!!

The other day I saw the flat monitors that work both as a computer monitor and TV. Any of you have any info or experience with that type of monitor?

Thanks for any help... :D

Whisker Barrel Cortex

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2001
Midwest
Visit site
Status
I just bought a LCD flat screen 30 inch that I have my computer hooked up to. It acts as both a HDTV and a computer monitor. Pretty sweet. A little on the expensive side. There are cheaper 20 inch sets out there that will also have dual functionality.

Sessamoid

1K Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 11, 2003
Los Angeles
www.kickingsparrows.com
Status
I have two Dell 20" LCD screens for my computers. These things have the usual VGA and DVI inputs, but also S-video inputs and I think composite connectors as well. So you could easily use one of these as a TV.

bigbassinbob

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2004
Status
Medical Student
I own a 17" SVA LCD monitor that works as both a TV and a computer monitor. It has composite, S-video, coaxial cable, and VGA inputs. I am very pleased with it's picture quality, especially since it's the cheapest 17" LCD there is. It also looks pretty sweet hanging on my wall in my bedroom. Best thing about it -- only $279.

15+ Year Member
Sep 11, 2002
Status
Be careful when buying one of these TV/PC monitors. If it doesn't support HDCP, within the next two years you may find that you have a nice computer monitor that you can't watch a damn thing on from broadcast TV/cable TV and sooner rather than later, DVDs/High Def. DVDs.

Sessamoid

1K Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 11, 2003
Los Angeles
www.kickingsparrows.com
Status
InfiniteUni said:
Be careful when buying one of these TV/PC monitors. If it doesn't support HDCP, within the next two years you may find that you have a nice computer monitor that you can't watch a damn thing on from broadcast TV/cable TV and sooner rather than later, DVDs/High Def. DVDs.
Actually, if the US appellate courts have their way, the FCC will lose it's ability to enforce the broadcast flag, which would be just fine and dandy with me. The FCC is overstepping it's authority ever since Michael Powell took over. Hopefully, now that he's gone it'll be a less Big-Brotherish agency.