Question about UNLV interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predental 24

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview there on thursday. Is it a smart idea to talk about my experiences as my fraternity's president if they ask about school clubs and leadership. Also does anybody have any pointers im really nervous.

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview there on thursday. Is it a smart idea to talk about my experiences as my fraternity's president if they ask about school clubs and leadership. Also does anybody have any pointers im really nervous.

This is what I did and got accepted.

The realy only school extracurricular activity that I was involved in were predental society and Student Representative Council. I mentioned the student council involvement because I was part of the solution to the concerns and problems that students faced. I also mentioned that although I would represent the complainers, I knew what was appropriate and what wasn't so many times I would just have to explain certain school rules. If your fraternity president position had some real leadership and responsibility then I think it's fine to mention.

They want to see if you're right for their program. So listen closely to the presentation and notice those things that you like; then talk about that in your interview. Be enthusiastic, but not wierd, about it! Talk about research, they are big on that. My university is a non-research based school so I didn't have that opportunity. If you were the same then mention your desires to get involved with research. They really want to know why UNLV?

MY interview with the faculty member was pretty relaxed, very actually. Make that person feel that you love the school and how you feel you fit in.

You have to nail the dental student interview. Some interviewees don't take that part seriously which will affect them overall. I was able to get a relax feeling with my interviewer. We mainly talked about get to know you type things. Make that interviewer feel that you would fit in. Also, ask good questions to show your interest; such as, "do you feel that this DS prepared you well to be a dentist?" I don't know, there's a lot you can ask...really.

Basically, go in with the mentality that UNLV is your #1, be yourself, but don't be wierd, and be relaxed and excited to be there. (smile)

You'll do great! gl

Do not ask their "exam ranking"!!!!!! I asked and I got reject...hahaaa
Professor keep telling me that they eventually become dentists..what's the point of getting high score...:scared:I feel super stupid after asking that! Be careful!

Thanks for all of your input. The faculty member that I had was very laid back, he wouldn't even let me talk. He was a really nice guy, He said some things about dentistry changing since he practised so I mentioned some really intense surgical methods I saw while I was shadowing then he mentioned that he was in the private sector for a while so i asked him what kind of things he liked about the private sector and what he liked about being a faculty memeber. he told me that I he was not going to ask me any questions about me grades or application. He said my great were great and my DAT scores were great as well. Then he said he was very impressed with the first impression he had of me and would lve to see me at this school. The student interviewer said the same thing, he said that i would fit in perfectly with the school and would love to see me attend. DOes this mean ill get aa accceptance? Im form california though