• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

rph3664

10+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
I follow several feline rescue-cams, and one of them currently features a semi-feral cat who late last week gave birth to a single live kitten, along with two nonviable (premature with visible defects) kittens and a placenta with an empty sac, which the "rescuer" had never seen before. :cryi:

The live kitten is not feeding adequately or gaining weight, so the rescuer took it to the vet for a tube feeding. This kitten perked up, at least for now, and to everyone's surprise, the mother gave birth to a surprise kitten on the way home - a chubby little female that is already out-eating her twin. :wideyed:

I realize you can't give medical advice here, but I'm just wondering if anyone here has ever encountered anything like this. That veterinarian sure hadn't; IDK if they have x-rayed the mother to see if anyone else is still hiding in there. :cat:

rph3664

10+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
The sick kitten died around the time I started this thread. :( I wasn't surprised, in large part because the mother wasn't all that interested in caring for it. I did, however, keep that to myself on the message board.

rph3664

10+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
I went post-diving on myself and found this thread. Both mother and daughter were adopted by the same family, after they were spayed, and both are doing well. :)

About the Ads
This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.