Question about VISA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

d wannabe

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm not US citizen and I'm Canadian citizen

Since I selected "not US citizen", I was asked to select the type of VISA.
For Canadian citizen, it would be "Currently do not have US Visa status"
Right?

Members don't see this ad.

..... unless you already have a VISA?

Hi,
I'm not US citizen and I'm Canadian citizen

Since I selected "not US citizen", I was asked to select the type of VISA.
For Canadian citizen, it would be "Currently do not have US Visa status"
Right?

Right.

You will be issued an I-20 once accepted. Then you can go ahead and obtain your F-1 from local U.S. consulate.

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually if you're canadian, you can obtain your visa at the border with the I-20 and an SEVIS receipt. No need to visit the US consulate :D

Actually if you're canadian, you can obtain your visa at the border with the I-20 and an SEVIS receipt. No need to visit the US consulate :D

Since the application does not have I-20 on the list,
should I select "currently no visa" or "other"?

USC Dentistry website states:

Applicants are required to pay a nonrefundable $85 processing fee, which should be forwarded directly to admissions (international students requiring a student visa must submit a $145 processing fee).

K, SO I'm Canadian living here in Canada, do I need to send this visa fee or something with my supplemental stuff?

USC Dentistry website states:

Applicants are required to pay a nonrefundable $85 processing fee, which should be forwarded directly to admissions (international students requiring a student visa must submit a $145 processing fee).

K, SO I'm Canadian living here in Canada, do I need to send this visa fee or something with my supplemental stuff?

You send 145 instead of 85 since you are international students. That's the secondary application fee.

if you will be needing a visa (most international students), you pay $145 for the supplemental fee.