Question about waitlists at ohio schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tatabox80

Super-Duper Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hiya,
I applied late this year and am concerned that I might only be waitlisted. Just wondering if you guys knew anything about how many people get off the wait list at these ohio schools

-Neoucom
-Medical College of Ohio
-Ohio State
-Cincinnati
-Wright State

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm imagine relatively few people move off the waitlist at NEOUCOM since they only accept 15-20 traditionals per year.

There's absolutely no way to know this. It varies every year. It all depends on the applicant pool. If you do get waitlisted, though, don't fret!! Anyone who gets an inteview has a reasonably good chance of an eventual acceptance. I was taken off of UC's alternate list, if that makes you feel any better. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks amy,
I'm hoping I won't have to worry about waitlists, but there's a high possibility that I will.

I've heard the two best states to apply to med schools are OHIO and TX, because they have the MOST amount of med schools, and restrictions are less in these states for STATS of all types. Is this true? Aren't there like 5 med schools in Ohio?

Later,

Gumshoe

There are quite a few schools in Ohio

-Wright State (MD)
-NEOUCOM (MD)
-Ohio State (MD)
-Medical College of Ohio (MD)
-Case Western (MD)
-University of Cinicinnati (MD)
-Ohio University (DO)