Question about Wake Forest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheElephant

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Those of you who interviewed at Wake Forest, how long after the adcom meeting did you receive a decision on your application?

Members don't see this ad.

How about who has even interviewed there yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Medikit said:
They meet every three weeks. Their next meeting is on Dec. 3rd

Dammit, that is the day I interview...

missed that one...

i interviewed october 19th, and the meeting to decide my fate was held on november 10th. i suppose i should be checking my mail tomorrow and the day after. :)

superdevil said:
i interviewed october 19th, and the meeting to decide my fate was held on november 10th. i suppose i should be checking my mail tomorrow and the day after. :)

Superdevil I am in the same boat as you. I called them today and the secretary told me that they have not entered the decisions in the computer yet. She told me to wait another week or so.

Are any of you interviewing August MCATers?

TheElephant said:
Superdevil I am in the same boat as you. I called them today and the secretary told me that they have not entered the decisions in the computer yet. She told me to wait another week or so.
thanks for the info! guess one more week of waiting won't kill me.

btw, did you interview on the 19th, too?

superdevil said:

Hey SD,

I interviewd 11/1 and they said they would make a decision about us on 11/10 too! So hopefully, we'll both have nice thick packets later this week :thumbup:

superdevil said:

I interviewed on Nov. 3rd and they told us that they would be making a decision regarding our application on the 10th. The staff member told us that they usually accept 12-15 students per cycle out of 42-48 candidates.

gobblety_gook said:
Hey SD,

I interviewd 11/1 and they said they would make a decision about us on 11/10 too! So hopefully, we'll both have nice thick packets later this week :thumbup:

On the Contrary...don't worry if you get a small envelope because it may not necessarily mean the end of the world. My acceptance came in a small letter.

I talked with the person who gave the main presentation during the interview, and she said that decisions are put in the system one week after the meeting. So, who ever calls there today or tomorrow please let us know if the decisions have been put into the system or not.

Has any August MCATers gotten interviews yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
TheElephant said:
I talked with the person who gave the main presentation during the interview, and she said that decisions are put in the system one week after the meeting. So, who ever calls there today or tomorrow please let us know if the decisions have been put into the system or not.

Anyone know when the letters are sent out though? They told us that after they made decisions on the 10th, we should hear within a week or so...so I'm hoping that means we recieve letters on or around the 17th.

gobblety_gook said:
Anyone know when the letters are sent out though? They told us that after they made decisions on the 10th, we should hear within a week or so...so I'm hoping that means we recieve letters on or around the 17th.

Has anyone heard anything or did anyone call them?

I called the admissions office today and they said letters would be mailed by Friday of this week...so we'll be hearing next week (hopefully before t-day)

warrenb733 said:
I called the admissions office today and they said letters would be mailed by Friday of this week...so we'll be hearing next week (hopefully before t-day)

Ah, thanks warrenb733.

Psycho Doctor said:
Has any August MCATers gotten interviews yet?

I doubt it. They didn't send secondaries to most August MCATers until first week of November.

On other hand, I just got my "file complete" email today. So, hopefully they will start processing our files soon.

I am an August MCATer and also got my file complete email today. I had called earlier today and they said 2 weeks or so before we may hear about interview invites. Good luck.

DeaconMD04 said:
I am an August MCATer and also got my file complete email today. I had called earlier today and they said 2 weeks or so before we may hear about interview invites. Good luck.

well that makes me feel a little bit better. mine was complete a little over a week ago, i think.

If you are very interested in Wake I would suggest calling them a few weeks after you recieve the "complete" email. That is the only way I found out that they wanted to interview me and many other SDNers have had this experience. I really enjoyed my interview day there, so I'm glad that I was proactive about contacting them.

:luck:

Got a thin letter today - I'm in!
interview 11/1, accepted 11/17
Pretty fast!

seethrew said:
Pretty fast!
Wow congrats!! Are you an Aug MCATer? What was the interview like? Please tell me about it. I think it's too soon for me to call but I might be tempted to.

Psycho Doctor said:
Wow congrats!! Are you an Aug MCATer? What was the interview like? Please tell me about it. I think it's too soon for me to call but I might be tempted to.

No I'm not an aug. mcater. It took me a little while to get the call in to get your interview trick.

The interviews were very much like the entries on the interview feedack pages - some questions were asked verbatim. There were 3 interviews each short 15 minutes. I enjoyed this interview actually. They asked really interesting questions I liked answering.

seethrew said:
Pretty fast!

When did they tell you that the adcom would meet to decide on you?

Yes, my first acceptence. I interviwed on Nov. 3rd and during the presentation they told us that they would be making a decision regarding our application on Nov 10th.

TheElephant said:
Yes, my first acceptence. I interviwed on Nov. 3rd and during the presentation they told us that they would be making a decision regarding our application on Nov 10th.

That sounds about right - I believe I was told the same for Nov. 1 interview.

Looks like Wake turned things around quicker than expected.....Now how long does it take snail mail to travel from NC to upstate NY??....