Question about (WY) WWAMI Residency Requirements (gray area?)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Son_of_Socrates

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I did a search and did not see a thread about this particular question.

I'm not sure if there are many out there in this similar situation.

My question is this: If you are a resident of Wyoming, but have been a resident for less than the required 5 years, are you treated completely as a "non-resident" application?

My girlfriend and I moved to WY specifically for the WWAMI program but I have not lived here as a resident for the required 5 years, although I am a Wyoming resident.

Has anyone heard any experiences with the application process that have been similar to this?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not an expert on Wyoming but I know a little bit about WWAMI. The Wyoming pool is pretty small and it's unlikely that many on SDN would have insider knowledge about Wyoming. I would suggest looking at the 2016-2017 and 2015-2016 University of Washington school-specific threads and search for Wyoming people. Send them messages and ask your questions. Or you could just call the UoWyoming admissions office. I'm sure you're not the first person with the question.

Hello all,

I did a search and did not see a thread about this particular question.

I'm not sure if there are many out there in this similar situation.

My question is this: If you are a resident of Wyoming, but have been a resident for less than the required 5 years, are you treated completely as a "non-resident" application?

My girlfriend and I moved to WY specifically for the WWAMI program but I have not lived here as a resident for the required 5 years, although I am a Wyoming resident.

Has anyone heard any experiences with the application process that have been similar to this?

Any input is greatly appreciated.