This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

m&msforvicky

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I'm a non-traditional student currently in a post-bac. My undergrad cGPA was 2.72 (sGPA - 2.63). In my post-bac, my cGPA is 3.84 (sGPA - 3.78). I currently have Colorado residency where there is a math requirement of 2 semesters. However, I will have lived in Massachusetts long enough to possibly claim MA residency where virtually no schools require math as a pre-rec. I am trying to decide if I should re-take Calc 1. As an engineer, I had math through Differential Equations, however, I earned C's in those math classes due to grade deflation and some poor study habits in my first year of undergrad.

I would love to hear opinions and thoughts on what I should do. Should I re-take math? Should I just go with the classes (and grades in those classes I have now)?

Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

If you can get As, why not go for it?! I "retook" calc 1 and 2 after having taken the AP n years ago. It was kind of fun, actually.

Hello!

I'm a non-traditional student currently in a post-bac. My undergrad cGPA was 2.72 (sGPA - 2.63). In my post-bac, my cGPA is 3.84 (sGPA - 3.78). I currently have Colorado residency where there is a math requirement of 2 semesters. However, I will have lived in Massachusetts long enough to possibly claim MA residency where virtually no schools require math as a pre-rec. I am trying to decide if I should re-take Calc 1. As an engineer, I had math through Differential Equations, however, I earned C's in those math classes due to grade deflation and some poor study habits in my first year of undergrad.

I would love to hear opinions and thoughts on what I should do. Should I re-take math? Should I just go with the classes (and grades in those classes I have now)?

Thanks for your help!
Most med schools no longer require calculus, but do require 1 to 2 semesters of math. It would be more beneficial to you to take a good statistics course than to repeat the calculus, as statistics is a pre-req at many medical schools. Having a good understanding of it will help you read medical journals and studies with good comprehension and make informed decisions for your future patients.

Reactions: 1 user