Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a Pre-dental student (Junior) who has a question concerning grade replacements and what not. During my sophomore year I unfortunately received a “D” in calculus 1, wasn’t really in the right head space that year unfortunately. I am now currently retaking it this semester, but unfortunately my school has changed to Pass/Fail. My question is how will dental schools average this out, or would they just take the most recent out of the two? I was reading the ADEA guidelines and came across the Pass/Fail section, it states if a class is P/F and a Pass is granted it will go on the application but will not affect GPA. I’m just confused since I am retaking. Would really appreciate if someone can clear this up for me!
ADEA AADSAS will average both grades as part of its protocol to verify grades. Pass/Fail grades are not included in the GPA calculations. Consequently, take the grade, or else you'll still have the effect of a D for Calculus when your GPA's are calculated. If you don't have a choice in having a letter grade reported, the University registrar will notate that on your transcript, but you will need your prehealth advisor to help you notify any schools about this. However, the ADEA AADSAS grade calculations will still hold.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.