1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
Hey, Guest, do you know how much will it cost you to apply to medical school? Check out SDN's Medical School Application Cost Calculator and plan your budget.

Question concerning timing of MCAT after expiration

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by crazylilazn, May 12, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. crazylilazn

crazylilazn 5+ Year Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hey all,

I have an MCAT from Sept. 2011 which is expiring, so I am planning to retake the MCAT on May 31st. However, I am thinking about delaying it by 2 weeks for extra preparation - I work part time and I don't think I'm ready yet.

I am aware that applications can get verified without MCAT scores, and my goal is to have my application in to schools as soon as possible.

If I submit my primary on June 3rd, take the MCAT, have my scores submitted on the 15th, and then complete my secondaries (with pre-prepared essays) all completed within the next week, will I be at a disadvantage compared to if I had my MCAT ready when the primary was sent to schools (let's assume around July 1st)?

I guess the real question I'm asking is this - I know that a majority of schools don't screen prior to giving out secondaries. Thus, I will be receiving secondaries once I submit my primary even without an MCAT score.

As a result, does that mean that as long as I have my MCAT score in when I am prepared to send in secondaries, I'll be in the clear?

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.