QQ2046

New Member
10+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2005
1
0
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
If you already got your acceptance letter and you've already been accepted to the pharmacy program that you applied to, and then shortly after that you got an F in one of your class, what actions do they take on that? Do they just take back the acceptance and then reject you?

2 scenarios:
1) If the class you got an F in is not a prerequisite class to get into pharmacy school, what will happen?

2) If the class you got an F in is a prerequisite class, what will happen?

Thanks for everyone's input
 

KUMoose

Grumpy old man
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 3, 2005
656
3
47
Status
Pharmacist
QQ2046 said:
1) If the class you got an F in is not a prerequisite class to get into pharmacy school, what will happen?
There's little they can do. If you've already accepted, paid money, it's a mutual agreement (contingent on pre-reqs).

QQ2046 said:
2) If the class you got an F in is a prerequisite class, what will happen?
They can bounce you based on this, it's likely too difficult to speak in absolutes however. Things that might factor in, can they take it prior to classes starting. How significant a class is it? (Organic Chem might weigh higher then say a humanities class). Is it a trend (low grades) or an abnormality?

If you can take it over before classes, then it's likely not a big deal. If you can't or if that 'F' causes a chain reaction (say, flunking Org 1 making Org 2 impossible to take), then you should be upfront with the dean of admissions as early as possible and hope for the best.
 

taken2

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 27, 2005
254
1
Status
Pharmacist
If it is a pre-req class, that are gonna take the admission away from you . I know of two people in my school that made a C- in organic chemistry after they have been accepted, they gat the boot They took this last PCAT with us because they are appying again. It is a bad situation and you don't want to get caught up in it.
 
About the Ads

janbran

Member
10+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2005
75
0
Bay Area
Status
Pharmacy Student
QQ2046 said:
If you already got your acceptance letter and you've already been accepted to the pharmacy program that you applied to, and then shortly after that you got an F in one of your class, what actions do they take on that? Do they just take back the acceptance and then reject you?

2 scenarios:
1) If the class you got an F in is not a prerequisite class to get into pharmacy school, what will happen?

2) If the class you got an F in is a prerequisite class, what will happen?

Thanks for everyone's input
I suggest you should retake the course ASAP. Call the school and inform them. I'm sure they'll accept it. You still have Spring and Summer to retake right?
 

pharmagirl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2004
768
1
Status
Pharmacist
janbran said:
I suggest you should retake the course ASAP. Call the school and inform them. I'm sure they'll accept it. You still have Spring and Summer to retake right?
I completely agree! I would call the school and discuss this with them ASAP and definitely sign up to retake the class.

I'm sure it depends on the school, but if you fail a class I would think they could easily cancel your acceptance.
 

mosco

Live Free or Die
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 14, 2005
26
0
Blue State
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
If you are short on time, you might consider taking the course through correspondance (distance learning). I have taken a few courses this way and they are accepted (contacted pharm admissions) the only course they might not accept would be a lab (but will most always accept the lecture part of a required science course). Many distance leaning schools will allow you to complete the course as little as 6 weeks. PM me if you need a little more info. Good Luck
 

JordanP

Member
10+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2005
111
0
Ft. Lauderdale
Status
Pharmacist
This is relating to a similar situation, I was just wondering...what if you recieve a grade of C or C+ in a class, after being accepted, can they do anything to change your acceptance then?

Thanks,
JordanP





QQ2046 said:
If you already got your acceptance letter and you've already been accepted to the pharmacy program that you applied to, and then shortly after that you got an F in one of your class, what actions do they take on that? Do they just take back the acceptance and then reject you?

2 scenarios:
1) If the class you got an F in is not a prerequisite class to get into pharmacy school, what will happen?

2) If the class you got an F in is a prerequisite class, what will happen?

Thanks for everyone's input
 
About the Ads