Question for 4.0, 99% people

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jemc2000

SDN Angel
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any not get in? I have a friend with those stats and he has no doubt in the world that he is going to get in to the one school he applied to, do you think that it a fair assumption?

Members don't see this ad.

jemc2000 said:
Any not get in? I have a friend with those stats and he has no doubt in the world that he is going to get in to the one school he applied to, do you think that it a fair assumption?

I'm not one of those people (well, back in high school :laugh: ), but I don't think that's a fair assumption. Sure, his stats are great and give him an advantage, but if he carries that attitude in for an interview, it could blow his chances.

jemc2000 said:

Yup, unless, there is something that is completely off, or he is applying to a school that requires and interview and messes up royally. Then really it is fair to say that he would have no problems whatsoever.

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess the fact that UF doesn't usually do interviews will work to his advantage, then.

but admission committee views the app as a whole .. I don't think they look that careful at numbers .... he must have great LORs, ECs, and most importantly, great essays

I had a 3.9 and a 98%. UF gave me an interview because my personal statement came across as arrogant. They needed to meet me in person to see what I was really like. So, if he has an attitude, he may not necessarily get into UF.

My UTeach outreach partner told me that her friend, who had a 4.0, was rejected from UT Pharmacy. So no, I do not think it is a fair assumption.

jemc2000 said:

I have those stats, but it's not helping me sleep any better--even though my chosen school (Ferris) does not require interviews, LOR, or an essay. As a matter of fact, I have scheduled an appointment with the Dean of Admissions this week just so that he can put a face to the numbers. Maybe I'll feel better after the meeting....... :)

How many questions did you miss on the pcat to get that amazing score?

You don't find out how many you miss. The grade report just tells you your overall score between 200-600 and your composite percentile. Though I'm thinking since there are 50-60 questions in each section, they probably missed less than 5 in each section.

I didn't have a 4.0, but I did have 98% (3.7 gpa) and I didn't get in last year-possibly because I took the Jan PCAT. I didn't even get an interview.
I did get in in Oct this year, though.