7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2002
Ft. Worth
Visit site
I was accepted by Touro about a month ago, and am pretty excited to go. It has been my first choice the whole time. However, I have a good chance of getting accepted at TCOM (its a very good chance). I am not trying to put the cart before the horse, but I wonder if it is worth an extra 100K or so to go to the school I am interested in, or if I should be smart and stay in TX. Obviously, this affects my debt level at graduation from school greatly, and am interested in people's opinion already at a school, racking up the debt. By the way, I harbor no ill feelings about TCOM, it is a great (and cheap) school. I just really would like to live someplace else than Ft. Worth, and everybody at Touro seemed exceedingly nice. Sorry so long.


Go A's!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 27, 2002
Visit site
I say follow your intuition. If you think that you will be happy at TUCOM but feel like you might have given something up by staying at TCOM then by all means follow your heart. We all know that happiness can not be bought with money and by that same token, misery can not be avoided by saving a buck.

You may resent the school that you go to if it wasn't your first choice and that may ultimately affect things like study habits, grades, attitude and that could end up affecting your rotations and your letters of recommendation to get into residency. It may seem like a simple matter of $100K but if you add up all of the things that you can't put a price on then I think you will find the answer to your question.

Goodluck in making your decision. I hope to see next fall.

TUCOM 2007
About the Ads