Question for Cornell undergrads

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TigerLilies

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did you find that knowing the material really well in the premed preqs was sufficient to do well on the MCAT? Or did you need more advanced science courses? In particular what classes helped you the most?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Did you find that knowing the material really well in the premed preqs was sufficient to do well on the MCAT? Or did you need more advanced science courses? In particular what classes helped you the most?

Thanks!

Don't you go to Cornell? Wouldn't it be easier to, I don't know, go ask somebody in person?

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't you go to Cornell? Wouldn't it be easier to, I don't know, go ask somebody in person?

lol

To the OP: The intro courses at Cornell are more than adequate. Orgo is overkill. The only complaint I have is that intro bio doesn't really cover the physiology that's on the MCAT but it's something that can just be learned as you are studying. No advanced classes necessary.

to facilitate TigerLilies' SDN needs, it seems as if we need a special "cornell undergrads only" section so he/she can ask every random question on the planet. i swear i've seen at least 3 or 4 threads entitled "Question for Cornell undergrads."

edit: i searched and found 3 (i think) but damn, 63 threads created?

Thanks!

BioBM 330 (Biochemistry) made biology very easy to deal with. Also, BioMI 404 (Pathogenic Bacteriology and Mycology) was very useful because it forced me to understand many different research papers.

I do believe, though, that thorough use of the Examcrackers material will make up for advanced expertise.

lol

To the OP: The intro courses at Cornell are more than adequate. Orgo is overkill. The only complaint I have is that intro bio doesn't really cover the physiology that's on the MCAT but it's something that can just be learned as you are studying. No advanced classes necessary.

Thanks for the info. What other outside prep would you recommend?

thanks again

Thanks for the info. What other outside prep would you recommend?

thanks again

Nothing really outside of a MCAT prep class. The range of topics covered on the MCAT isn't really broad.

Bigred and Tiger need to meet in real life so all of the cornell-specific questions are answered.
-Dr. P.

P.S.: These threads make me feel not included since I don't go to Cornell. :(

Bigred and Tiger need to meet in real life so all of the cornell-specific questions are answered.
-Dr. P.

I wouldn't mind meeting any Cornell people here in real life. I don't think anyone would be interested in meeting me though, lol

-Dr. P.

Or use that PM feature...

I'd recommend Kaplan, there was some chem stuff not covered in 207-208 ie normality. Its not a hard concept, jsut one example I remember being like "what the hell is that?" when it was on practice tests

to facilitate TigerLilies' SDN needs, it seems as if we need a special "cornell undergrads only" section so he/she can ask every random question on the planet. i swear i've seen at least 3 or 4 threads entitled "Question for Cornell undergrads."

edit: i searched and found 3 (i think) but damn, 63 threads created?

Don't h8 plz ;)