Question for Current IU Students: Living

Discussion in 'Optometry' started by dpu04, Dec 11, 2008.

1. dpu04

2+ Year Member

Dear Current Students,

I need advice on where to live at IU. What are the cons of not living within walking distance? For example, living near the stadium or Tulip Tree. I heard that students who live far from the school park at Bryan Park and walk to school. Is that a hassle or not big of a deal? I went to a small undergrad, so I never used my car lol.

What would you recommend? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

2. eyestrain

eyestrain Member
    7+ Year Member

Optometrist
    I lived about 10 minutes from school and did the Bryan Park thing. It's not a big deal. It's a long walk, especially if it's cold or raining, but never really bothered me. That being said, if you can find a couple roomates and get into a house right by the school, I'd do that. Then it's easy to just go home if you've got an hour or two between classes.

3. iowaeyes

2+ Year Member

Optometry Student
    I would rethink Tulip Tree...I don't know anyone who has been happy with on campus housing at IU as a grad student. But there is no problem not living within walking distance of the optometry school, many places are on the bus routes in town. Or there's always the Bryan Park walk, which isn't terrible except in rain or snow.