PhD/PsyD Question for DCTs re AAPI

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HPB2015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Say one's DCT wanted to know the word count of the section of the AAPI which asks for the DCT's assessment of the student's strengths and growth areas (the "DCT letter'), but was unwilling to log on to the AAPI to check this or ask anyone....Could any of the DCTs on here share what this word count is? Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

I am not a DCT, but am applying to internship and it would seem to me that your DCT isn't quite sure how to do their job if they're tasking students with finding out such information. My DCT functions similarly and my cohort has collectively ignored such requests. We decided it is not our job to do their job. As DCT they can reach out to APPIC directly, they have access to other DCTs, and there are even DCT meetings that happen throughout the year (probably virtually since COVID).

I am not a DCT, but am applying to internship and it would seem to me that your DCT isn't quite sure how to do their job if they're tasking students with finding out such information. My DCT functions similarly and my cohort has collectively ignored such requests. We decided it is not our job to do their job. As DCT they can reach out to APPIC directly, they have access to other DCTs, and there are even DCT meetings that happen throughout the year (probably virtually since COVID).

I think your DCT will need to log in to the system to see that information. It doesn’t look like there is a character limit from what I am seeing, but I am on the receiving end of the application, so don’t know what it looks like from that end. Best of luck to you.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
As DCT they can reach out to APPIC directly, they have access to other DCTs, and there are even DCT meetings that happen throughout the year (probably virtually since COVID).
Indeed!

DCT here: That particular text field allows for a max. of 7500 characters.

FYI - On my side of the system, for each text box throughout the DCT verification section of the APPI there is a clear indication of the maximum character limit.

DCT here: That particular text field allows for a max. of 7500 characters.

FYI - On my side of the system, for each text box throughout the DCT verification section of the APPI there is a clear indication of the maximum character limit.
Thank you SO much! I really appreciate it! Do you happen to know if that's with or without spaces?

Thank you SO much! I really appreciate it! Do you happen to know if that's with or without spaces?
That max. character limit does indeed include spaces.

• Love