Question for DOs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

corona 247

SDN Angel
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am hopefully attending DO school this upcoming Fall and I wanted to ask all you resident DOs out there what you think your starting salaries, for your perspecive specialties/programs of study, will be once you complete your residency training.

Thanks
 
corona 247 said:
I am hopefully attending DO school this upcoming Fall and I wanted to ask all you resident DOs out there what you think your starting salaries, for your perspecive specialties/programs of study, will be once you complete your residency training.

Thanks

Starting salaries are the same. I was talking to a DO EM attending at a level 2 trauma center, and he says they hire at starting 200-250k. My programs of study, are, well, just like everyone elses. I read Tintinalli's (or pretend to) and take the in-service just like everyone else.

Except I can crunch some mean thoracics while my MD counterparts can't.

Q, DO
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Salary is primarily dependant on experience and location. I have seen starting salaries in the midwest anywhere from 160k-250k benefits are wide ranging. Shifts are anywhere from 8hrs to 12 hrs.
Yep "rack and crack" often...not the patients much though. It aint rocket science, its like riding a bicycle.