Ultrasound for minor procedures?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

EthylMethylMan

Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all, I was considering getting a Butterfly iQ+ for my wound clinic. I basically just need a linear probe (using it for nerve blocks and I&Ds), and from what I’ve read, it looks like it does that pretty well. Are there any options you guys know of that are cheaper?
 
I use ultrasound all the the time but I just sold my Butterfly iQ. I feel like the image quality just isn't good enough. Clarius, Philips Lumify, and VScan air I think are better. Realistically, a used Sonosite Edge II would be even better.
 
Would not buy a Butterfly solely for the linear probe and procedures. It’s more cumbersome and poorer image quality than a dedicated linear probe.

Sonosite SII-VA is what you want.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Vscan > butterfly.

There’s a research paper comparing image quality between 4-5 hand held US devices. Butterfly was the worse in quality.
Agreed. Plus they are subscription based and have already stopped supporting older models. No, thank you. I'll be getting a VScan during/after fellowship.