Question for Engineering Premeds

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zuerst

Plutonium Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, approximately how many credit hours will/did you have when you graduate from your undergraduate institution and how many years will/did it take you? What is/was your specific field of engineering? ie biomedical, electrical, mech...etc

Members don't see this ad.

All my premed engineering friends are graduating in 4 years. Apparently their curriculum left them enough room to get the reqs in. Alot were engineering reqs anyways.

Zuerst said:
Just out of curiosity, approximately how many credit hours will/did you have when you graduate from your undergraduate institution and how many years will/did it take you?
Hmmm I had a bunch of credits, but they're in quarter-units so the number probably won't mean much to you. (~250 if I remember) I got out in 4 years flat with a double in bioeng and molecular bio. I came in with a good amount of AP and did take a bunch of summer classes tho.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a BME major, so it will take me four years.

Zuerst said:
Just out of curiosity, approximately how many credit hours will/did you have when you graduate from your undergraduate institution and how many years will/did it take you? What is/was your specific field of engineering? ie biomedical, electrical, mech...etc[/QUOT

finished with 142 sem. hrs - graduated in four - completely unrelated field, computer engineering. Had a good deal of AP credit and placed out of all intro biology (thank god)

146 credits
4.5 years, including 2 summers (8 consecutive semesters until this summer)
biomedical engr

biomedical engineering with electrical engineering concentration 4 year about 145 credits

B.S. in Aerospace Engineering from the United States Naval Academy. I graduated with 158 credits, but that included two semesters of ORGO. I still have to take two semesters of BIO.

We have credits, but each class is just worth 1. 4 classes per quarter is normal. 48 credits to graduate. (4 credits/quarter*3quarters/year = 12 credits /year.)

I took overload of 5 classes instead of 4 for 3 quarters and took Orgo (3 credits) over the summer, and will be graduating in 3.5 years.

This is for BME with a Signals and Imaging (EE) specialization.

Came in with nothing, no AP, no CC credit.

280 quarter units in 5 yrs, Computer Engineering with Bio Sci minor.

Zuerst said:
Just out of curiosity, approximately how many credit hours will/did you have when you graduate from your undergraduate institution and how many years will/did it take you? What is/was your specific field of engineering? ie biomedical, electrical, mech...etc

Graduated in 5 years with 135 credits, BSME.
Been back in for about a year taking pre-reqs: spring+summer+fall+spring+ summer. Now at 159 credits.

Worked about 30 hrs per week in ugrad, now working about 25 hrs per week postbacc.

210 credits, 2 engineering degrees (biomedical and industrial), all my pre reqs = 5.5 years