Question for Graduate Interns who have signed contracts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxorcist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question for those of you who have graduated and signed a contract with a retail chain such as Walgreens or CVS. In my area, Walgreens and CVS both require a contract that says you will work for them after you pass the NAPLEX before they let you work as a graduate intern. I think this is fair since they are paying around $40 bucks an hour for what is basically tech work. My question is, what are the terms of the contract? If I hate working at Walgreens or CVS after I pass the NAPLEX, what happens if I quit? Will they never hire me again? Basically I want to know what the terms of the contract are. I want to work now while I study for the NAPLEX but I would hate to lock myself into a crappy job for 2 years just because I need some money in the short term. Any help is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

At CVS, once you sign on and graduate, you become a GRAD-Intern. Once you pass the Nabplex and your state law exam, you are a pharmacist and that's what they hired you for.

I don't understand the question??????

I have a question for those of you who have graduated and signed a contract with a retail chain such as Walgreens or CVS. In my area, Walgreens and CVS both require a contract that says you will work for them after you pass the NAPLEX before they let you work as a graduate intern. I think this is fair since they are paying around $40 bucks an hour for what is basically tech work. My question is, what are the terms of the contract? If I hate working at Walgreens or CVS after I pass the NAPLEX, what happens if I quit? Will they never hire me again? Basically I want to know what the terms of the contract are. I want to work now while I study for the NAPLEX but I would hate to lock myself into a crappy job for 2 years just because I need some money in the short term. Any help is appreciated!

If you sign the contract, you are obligated to work for them for a year. If you leave after passing the naplex, you do not have to pay back grad intern wage but do have to pay back your sign on bonus. It might look bad on your record but it depends more on how professional you were when you left.